CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Getting Tested

So, after finding out my dad was heterozygous carrier of factor V Leiden, I wanted to be tested. That is just how I am. I went the next day and had my blood drawn. They took one small tube of blood and I was done. A week later I was back at the doctors because my son had broken his arm. While there they recieved my test results back.

I am a homozygous carrier of Factor V Leiden. My inital reaction was, no way! You are wrong. That means my mom is a carrier. But he assured me the test was right and my mom had to be a carrier. He basically told me it was no big deal, take fish oil each day, stay skinny and have a great life.

My family was shocked and the rest of my siblings went in and got tested. Well, all but my sister who is in Russia. So far the results have been: my older brother is hetero and my two younger sisters are negative.

0 comments: